Friday, April 16, 2010

I have moved

It has been three months in the making, but I have officially moved to Kansas. Timing has been tricky and I have been going back and forth often. It feels strange to know that a return to seattle is going to now be a visit. It is strange to know that my mail will be delivered in a jeep with a PostOffice sticker in the rear window! (live in the boonies) I got off the plane last night and was excited to see my Dad, and then speeding down the freeway to bring him to the Hospital. It was a wake up call as to why I am here, and what is ahead. I am glad I am here. The air has that dewy smell that only true midwesterners will recognize as a thunder storm coming. The sky is larger than ever and filled with stars. My room is foreign and waiting for my touches to make it mine. I don't dare think to long about the people and possibilities that I left behind, too soon. I do ruminate on the unknown future that awaits me and is happening now, the possibilities that are ahead, the people I will meet, the stories I will learn. The new chapter has begun.

No comments:

Post a Comment